Saturday, October 20, 2007

Jordan Staal vs. Eric Staal series, tied at 1.


Today, right around 4pm, I listened to the news on the radio and they mentioned the Pens/'Canes game tonight. That was all fine and good - until the guy talkin' said something that made me frown and scratch my head. He said that this was the first time the two Staal brothers have met in a game this season. Um, huh? This is the 2nd game in as many weeks between these two teams. Somebody was fed the wrong info..

Anyways, after the New Jersey Disaster the other night, the Penguins needed something to go right in tonight's game against the 'Canes. Anything.

With Sabourin in goal, I thought I'd better keep my fingers crossed and pray for a miracle.

I didn't watch the game, and I didn't listen to Mike Lange's play-by-play online, but I read a few recaps and it seems like it was a hard-fought game. A game that saw the Pens win 4-3 in a shootout - by scoring on all three attempts. Not too bad.

The news flying around in the last day or so is that Ray Shero is looking to maybe, perhaps, pick up another goalie. A trade? A free agent signing? Who knows. And who knows if this story is even true.

No, I'm not saying that TSN's Bob McKenzie is feeding us a bunch of lies in the hopes that we gobble it all up. What I'm wondering is how serious Shero is about this potential goalie trade/signing thing. Is this something that he is actively pursuing, or is he just kind of throwing it out there and hoping that MAF is scared into playing better hockey? Or maybe Shero said no such thing and it was just someone in the Pens organization overheard talking to himself. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks. If he makes changes to the goalies, then we'll know he was serious.
-----------
Tonight (or, I guess last night since it's now Saturday morning) was the 50th anniversary of the Rocket's 500th goal. He was the first to do it, as he was the first to set many scoring records. He was, and always will be, one of the greatest players to have ever played the game.
-----------
Tomorrow night, Pens and Caps, in DC, in front of a crowd of Pens fans (haha).

I'll be here watching Leafs/'Hawks on HNIC, waiting for next week's matchup - Habs/Pens. Sweet.

No comments: