Monday, March 10, 2008

Rick Mercer prepares for Beijing 2008

I realized that some people may not know the awesome TV personality that is Rick Mercer. Well, he is a comedian with his own show "The Rick Mercer Report" and his passion is politics. He travels around the country (and the world, sometimes) to do interviews with politicians, from the leaders of the opposition party to the Prime Minister.

He also does mock commercials, and he does many features that place him in situations where he is a 'fish out of water.' These situations quite often include him participating in sports: professional lacrosse, professional football, and even cheerleading.

However, this video is of Rick Mercer with Alexandre Despatie, one of the best divers in the world. Alex teaches Rick how to dive, and it is seriously some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen on TV - especially when he gets hurt in his 'bathing suit place.'

7 comments:

Stoosh said...

That's awesome! Mercer's hysterical...the "bathing suit place" comment was hilarious.

I'm not sure I could do a 10m dive because I'm terrified of heights in certain settings. For instance, I won't go up on the roof of my house, but I absolutely love roller coasters - the bigger and faster they are, the better.

Offtopicblog, but I wanted to share...

Came home from work today and caught the last twenty minutes or so of "Bon Cop, Bad Cop" on one of the movie stations I get on DirecTV. For some stupid reason, I never thought it was a movie...I thought it was a TV series. I'll have to try to catch the whole thing because it looks really good. Unfortunately, I know the ending, but that's OK.

Ashley said...

Yes, you must definitely watch "Bon Cop, Bad Cop"!!! One of the best Canadian movies ever made - along with "The Rocket" and maybe a few others.

Stoosh said...

Never seen "The Rocket" but I've heard it's awesome. I'll have to track that one down.

And I never realized how much I miss playing lacrosse until I saw Rick Mercer's video with the Toronto Rock.

Ashley said...

I have to agree with you on the fear of heights thing...just the thought of standing on the 10m platform makes me sick to my stomach. I would probably lay on the platform and cry lol

Ashley said...

Ahh..The Rocket...gotta see that one, if only to see Sean Avery act like a player who hates French people. Wait, is that even acting?

DaBich said...

New "Hottie" up over at my place...

Ashley said...

lol I saw that this morning dabich. good choice!