Monday, March 31, 2008

Pens fan Susie to provide playoff predictions

One week.

That is all that is left to the season before the playoffs.

Pretty soon I'll have to dig up my pre-season predictions and see how horribly off-base I was in September. I shudder when I think of it.

In the meantime, Pens fan Susie has agreed to provide her predictions for the playoffs. She believes that she can do better than TSN's Maggie. After all, who really thinks that a monkey can accurately predict the outcome of one playoff series, nevermind 15 matchups. Everyone knows that a dog can (and will) do better.

So, once the playoffs begin, I will offer my prediction, Susie's prediction, and Maggie's prediction (if she dares to return to the TSN panel). Maybe I'll also put what the so-called 'experts' think too. Something tells me that the Maritimers will win.

Go Pens!

(Susie says that you'll clinch the division...)

5 comments:

DaBich said...

Go Pens indeed. Start shooting the puck, you might score goals!
lol
These predictions should be good.

Ashley said...

Susie knows what she likes and what she doesn't like. She watches hockey when it's on TV. She'll express her disgust at basketball, golf, tennis...basically anything with a ball.

I have a feeling the predictions will be good, too :)

Ashley said...

Oh, and I feel the same about shooting the puck. It's a little hard to score a goal otherwise. It's not like you always have McCabe and Backstrom to score one for you.

Jeff K said...

A dog that (figuratively) chases after pucks instead of balls? That's unheard of! Cute picture, almost makes me want to root for the Pens (after they beat Philly in the first round, that is).

(I'm a Devils fan. Yeah I know, but it's not my fault my parents raised me in NJ.)

Ashley said...

jeff k - what can I say? we're Canadian, so it's not entirely surprising that she likes hockey :)

And I don't really blame you for being a Devils fan. Brodeur is a beast in net.