Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Playoff Predictions: Round 2

A few weeks ago, I made my first round playoff predictions and compared them to Susie, my dog, and the TSN crew: Maggie the Monkey, James Duthie, Darren Pang, Mike Milbury, and Bob McKenzie. Here's the results:

Ashley: 7/8
Susie: 1/8
Maggie: 5/8
Duthie: 5/8
Panger: 5/8
Milbury: 5/8
McKenzie: 6/8

Now, I don't mean to 'brag' or anything, but I did better than the so-called experts when it came to round 1 predictions. Unfortunately, in the dog vs. monkey category, Maggie is running away with the title so far.

Tonight, TSN had their round 2 playoff special and Maggie, McKenzie, and Darren Dreger offered their predictions. Here's how it all went down...

MONTREAL VS. PHILADELPHIA
Ashley - MONTREAL
Susie - MONTREAL
Maggie - MONTREAL
McKenzie - MONTREAL
Dreger - PHILADELPHIA

PITTSBURGH VS. NEW YORK
Ashley - PITTSBURGH
Susie - NEW YORK
Maggie - NEW YORK
McKenzie - PITTSBURGH
Dreger - PITTSBURGH

DETROIT VS. COLORADO
Ashley - DETROIT
Susie - DETROIT
Maggie - DETROIT
McKenzie - DETROIT
Dreger - DETROIT

SAN JOSE VS. DALLAS
Ashley - SAN JOSE
Susie - DALLAS
Maggie - SAN JOSE
McKenzie - SAN JOSE
Dreger - SAN JOSE

UPDATE:
I was watching Up Front on OTR tonight and Landsberg said that Keith Jones went 8/8 in round one. He gave his predictions for round 2, so I thought I'd put them down...
PHILADELPHIA
SAN JOSE SHARKS
NEW YORK RANGERS - on their way to the Cup (WTF?)
COLORADO

8 comments:

HockeyKnight said...

I got 6 of 8. That is still pretty good, right?

Let's Go Penguins! I wonder what Avery will try in this series and weather or not Gary Roberts will put up with it.

WWGRD
~Mike

Anonymous said...

Are you being biased in picking the Penguins? lol. ;)

Ashley said...

Mike - good job, you did just as good or better than the 'experts'!

As for Avery, he will be neutralized by BGL, Ruuuuutuuuu, Malone, Orpik...a gang led by GR. I seriously doubt that GR or anyone will let Avery the Diva get away with anything.

Sarah - biased? Me? Nah...I just believe that the Pens can win this series, though it definitely won't be easy and it won't be in 4 games.

Jeff K said...

Nice work Ashley!

Michael, you did a great job as well. I only got 5/8, and the worst part is that I only got ONE team correct in the East (the Habs). Considering I see mostly East games, that's pathetic.

According to Every Facet of the Game blog, ESPN's John Buccigross went 7/8 and EA NHL 08 went a perfect 8/8.

The computers are taking over.

Ashley said...

Jeff - don't feel too bad. Washington should've won that series b/c that 2nd Philly goal shouldn't have been allowed, and I don't think anyone anticipated the Senators to be so crappy - I personally thought it was going to go to 6 games. It's also hard to vote against your team, and Marty was doing so well in helping the Devils to win.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious...how do you get your dog to pick teams? lol.

Ashley said...

sarah - it's a very scientific process. For each series, I write the teams on two pieces of paper and put them on the floor next to each other. I put tiny pieces of carrot on each one and I see which one she picks first. If she goes for Montreal first, then that's her pick.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's cool! lol. I like it.