Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Rocket - one great movie

What is the best hockey movie you have ever seen?

Slap Shot?

Mighty Ducks? (I dunno, some people think so...)

How about adding The Rocket to the list? It is a movie about the life of Maurice "The Rocket" Richard, and is definitely one of my favourites. I bought the DVD last Christmas and I've watched it over a dozen times. You can read a review of the movie at the PensBlog (in fact, it was their review that made me want to promote the movie even more).

While the lead actor is Roy Dupuis (who also played The Rocket in a Canadian Heritage commercial and in a TV biography), there are also a few NHLers making appearances.

Introducing....

Sean Avery as Bob Dill, an Englishman who hates French people.

And Vincent Lecavalier as Canadiens legend Jean Beliveau.

And Ian Laperrière as HHOFer Bernard "Boom Boom" Geoffrion.

Great movie. Get it. Watch it. Love it.

1 comment:

DaBich said...

I haven't seen this one. I gotta see if I can rent it at the Movie Gallery ;)